"Suits are full of joy. They're the sartorial equivalent of a baby's smile."

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Off to a Great Start


I thought that maybe if I start a blog, I'll want to keep up with it. I don't know if that's going to be the case, but so far it's not looking good. I don't really know what I'm after here, but I assume it's a quick "vent here and suck it up" site. I like the idea of rambling off with no one to stop me. I wonder if this will end up being counter productive? I shall see.


Quick note: I watched Conan's last show and really liked his closing speech.

"All I ask of you, especially young people...is one thing. Please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen."

It's easy to fall into cynicism, but it really does pay off to stay on the right track instead. It's good to be reminded of that. Anyway, just a side thing I thought was worth writing. I'm sure I'll look back at this some day way later.

I had become a little restless as of late about what my next move should be (in life I mean). I'm slowly getting through college and making it a step closer to graduation, but I'm not sure what my plan is. I know that my main goal is to make it to Med School, but how will I manage that? I try not to think about the financial side of things since it's overwhelming at times, but I can't flat out ignore it. Baylor is already costing an arm and a leg, my GPA isn't impressive enough to land me a full ride to Med School, and work can get me through only so far. I don't have a contact to pull strings for me, which would have been cool. So my options are limited, but I'm glad that at least I have some...

1) Ace the MCATs, impress some schools with good interviews, and cross my fingers for scholarship.
2) Get my diploma and find a decent job, and just have a late start with Med school.
3) Search through different career paths or go to Graduate school.
4) Win the lottery- would be great help, but I don't feel like making life that easy for myself.
5) Become famous somehow- I'm not sure the world is ready for my acting/singing skills
6) Marry into a rich family- haha.. being a con-man just isn't my style
7) Sell a kidney- eh.. it's illegal, dangerous, and won't get me enough money. I'd have to sell both kidneys, lungs, corneas, liver, and probably the heart for the price to be right.
8) Time machine- This is more of a last resort. It just seems like a time machine would be helpful in any situation, so it was worth mentioning.

Well no matter what happens, I think I shouldn't be in too bad a spot 5 or 10 years from now. I really hope some good fortune comes my way. Venting now over...

Anyway, onto things that are approaching on my to-do list. Superbowl.. It should be fun since it's also a birthday bash for Jill. Everyone chose to turn 22 before me. One thing I still don't get is the excitement for the ads. I guess the ad-fans must feel the same way about us and our football enthusiasm. To each their own!

After that will be an uneventful week really, which is welcomed. I realized a low key week isn't such a bad thing.

Next comes good ol' Valentine's Day. If there's any stranger still reading, tips are more than welcome. I'm really unsure about what I'll do for Valentine's Day. It's kind of hard to make it worthwhile when it usually consists of going out to watch a chick flick, which shows the perfect couple, and trying my best to 1 up it. Although it isn't my favorite holiday, I'll try to make it a good one. I'm extremely grateful for Ellie. She is an amazing girl, and I'm lucky to have her. So, I have no choice.. something creative is going to have to come out of my man brain. I'll try not to confuse creativity with an extremely cheesy gesture. That seems to happen a lot to people that day.

Running... I have to keep training for the Bearathon. It's almost here. At first, getting up and running was such a drag, but I'm glad I got over the hump. It's energizing and fun for that matter. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the half-marathon, but I think it'll be okay.

Other than that, my plate is full with regular everyday obligations. I'm going to try not to neglect this blog thing. It's too bad I don't have someone to nag me about it. I'll have to assign myself the task. And with that, I bid adieu.

Later!

Christian

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate you commenting on my blog first of all. As for Ellie, you obviously have a natural ability to write, so write her something. A poem, song (although it sounds as though you might not want to sing it to her), short story, ode, whatever. Much better than anything you can buy in a store. It's not the thought that counts, it's the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated. I haven't thought of doing something like that. I think I can pull that off. And yes, good call. I'll leave the singing to the pros. Have a great week Mirth!

    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  3. "..I like the idea of rambling off with no one to stop me.."

    I just started blogging recently and that's exactly how I feel about it too! I really enjoy the way u write. keep posting! btw, thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed your writing so far. You should keep it up!

    I need to figure out what to do for exercise on the days I don't have Boot Camp. Good luck with your running!

    ReplyDelete